Skip to main content

Minnesota Geological Survey

The Minnesota Geological Survey (MGS) is part of the N.H. Winchell School of Earth & Environmental Sciences, in the College of Science and Engineering at the University of Minnesota. MGS was originally established by the Legislature in 1872 to ensure the availability of the regional geological information that the people of the State require to ensure wise stewardship of their water, land, and mineral resources. The MGS contribution to Minnesota Digital Library consists of more than 600 images of maps published separately or as part of reports from 1872 until the present.

Contact Information

Minnesota Geological Survey
2642 University Ave. W.
St. Paul, MN 55114
United States

Minnesota Geological Survey website